Everybody who sells something online knows the frustration of getting no calls or responses on their item. If only they saw it, you know somebody would buy it! Here’s a list of 5 things you can do to help make your item pop!
- Add Photos: A good photo is worth a thousand words, and that’s great because people do not want to read 1000 words with nothing to look at, especially when they are trying to buy. Add as many photos from different angles as they will let you. Here on our site, we allow up to 6 photos, so use them wisely!
- Describe, describe, describe! If there’s a space to put text, USE IT! Put as many details about the item as you can think of. That coupled with pictures will guarantee less question calls and more interest calls.
- State a reasonable price, but be willing to wiggle: Using the Or Best Offer statement will let people know the ballpark you’re looking for, but that you’re willing to go a little lower, this will make them feel like they’re getting a good deal, and you’re getting your time’s worth!
- Be clear: if you only want cash and you only want to meet in a public place, say so. People who want the item will be willing to do that and it helps you pick out people who just want to scam you.
- Use the site’s built in boosters: We can’t speak for every site, but on ours, there is a plethora of ways to make your ad stand out. You can feature it so that it shows on the home page, you can add a colorful border, and you can insert a link to another website you may also sell from! Take advantage of these and your ad will definitely stand out.