If you use Adblock Plus and would like to create an exception for our classifieds, read on.
What is AdBlock?
Web users can add additional functions to their browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome) through add-ons and plug-ins. Adblock Plus is one such add-on we sometimes find Firefox users have installed to block advertisements as they browse the web.
There’s just one small problem. If you use ad blocking software on classifieds, there’s not a whole lot left to look at. The whole page is nothing, but ads. So if you can’t find your ad, you will need to disable it.
How Can I Tell If I Have AdBlock?
The first clue is that you can’t see any ads. The second way is to look at your installed add-ons.
- Firefox users press the CTRL+Shift+A keys at the same time.
- Click on the blue puzzle piece labeled “Extensions.”
- Adblock Plus will usually appear near the top.
- Click the ‘Disable’ button to turn it off or the ‘Remove’ button to uninstall it. Don’t worry you can always install it again later.
How Do I Create an AdBlock Exception?
What if you want to disable Adblock’s filters for just one website? You can whitelist our classifieds, by creating a your own exception filter. Picking up from step 3 above…
- Click the ‘Options’ button.
- Click the ‘Add filter…’ button at the bottom left.
- Enter the following: @@|http://*ocala4sale.com
- Repeat steps 2 and 3. For each of the following:
- Click the ‘OK’ button below.