Need a Mower? Do you get overwhelmed with all your choices? It’s easy to do. Let me share a few tips to help you make the best choice for your yard!
1. Qualify your purchase – I’m not talking about 0% interest for six months, I’m talking about determining your mower based on the job you expect it to perform. Ask yourself these questions:
- What kind of grass do you have?
- How many trees? What kind?
- How many leaves are in your lawn?
- How big is your lawn?
All these questions matter. Answering them will help you make important decisions about the choice between riding mowers and walk-behinds, engine size, deck size and more.
2. Most People Under Buy—by that I mean many shop based on price, not need. This can set you up with equipment that isn’t up to the tasks you want it to perform. In my opinion, it’s better to stretch a little and buy the equipment best suited for the jobs you will be using it for.
3. Service – Let’s face it, even the best mowers break. The oil needs changing, belts adjusting, blades sharpened. Be sure you purchase a mower somewhere that has a service department to help you keep your investment for many years to come. We service every piece of equipment we sell, new or used. I see a lot of mowers that were purchased based on price first and are basically disposable when something breaks.
If you have questions, stop by or call us at the number below. We’ll help you determine what you need and your best options mowing forward!
Until next time,
Mike Kurbanick is the owner of Mikes Lawnmowers in Ocala. Mikes Lawnmower has served Marion County for more than 30 years with knowledgeable employees, a large selection of parts in stock, and a great selection of mowers, lawn and power equipment for personal and commercial applications. For information, call (352) 694-2824 or visit them online at MikesLawnmower.com.