I read Jeffery Gitomer every week. Great sales tips. I encourage all my sales team to get his weekly Caffeine Jolt. This week was #615 “What Makes Referrals Happen? Your Actions, NOT Your Ask”
What does that mean? Easy. You don’t ask customers to refer you. You Earn it.
Definition of Referral — RISK. Your customer is willing to risk the relationship he or she has with someone by trusting you will respect it and build it. This is why some may be reluctant to refer you.
How do you EARN a referral.
- Earn referrals with value perceived by customer in the relationship.
- Earn referrals with value-based actions
- Earn referrals with quality of relationship.
- Earn referrals with memorable service.
- Earn referrals with quality of product.
- Earn referrals with reliability.
- Earn referrals with consistency.
- Earn referrals with speed of response.
What if you GAVE a referral–don’t be afraid to go first. And don’t keep score, even if the customer doesn’t pay you back. The principle will pay you back in the long run.
To read more follow this link.