If you’re up to a little sarcasm this dreary Monday morning, read on! I found this article from Marketing Profs Today and loved it. They provided 13 sure fire ways to destroy your website. I’ll summarize, and provide a link for you to read the entire article! Here goes:
- It’s all about you! Forget customers and their needs. Talk about yourself–the more self-centered, the better!
- Buy an e-mail list–hurts your brand and wastes money–join the ever growing list of spammers!
- Never mind mobile — or tablets or….
- Add keywords and jargon with long pages filled with keywords, the more the better! Don’t bother editing or formatting, use big, dense paragraphs with a fun font that is hard on the eyes.
- Add more stuff to your homepage. More is better…
- Don’t use an editor (see #4 above).
- Save money on hosting–it’s a commodity anyway. When you have problems, just try finding someone!
- Give Google the finger (and see what happens!)
- Install lots of plug-ins. If they are available, plug them in for Pete’s sake!
- Let interns run your social media–it’s only your name at stake.
- Don’t test your lead generation form–Your contact form doesn’t matter that much after all.
- Lose track of your domain registration (yeah, that’s helpful when you want to make a change!)
- Kill it before it’s born. Design by committee–it’s always the efficient way to go.
for more, read the article!