Warren Buffet turns 83 years old today. I read a list of 83 reasons why “My Fool Daily” loves him. I thought it worth sharing! I’ve put an abbreviated list here (not in the same order as theirs), but you can Click here for the full list.
- He’s the guy in school who tells you he may have failed the test — only to bust the top off the curve.
- His time frame for the long run consistently exceeds his life span.
- He says it better: “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.”
- He’s human. He fears nuclear war and his own mortality. He’s frequently more adept at business relationships than personal ones. He can hold a grudge. His hero is his daddy.
- Classic Line: “Rule No. 1: Never lose money. Rule No. 2: Never forget rule No. 1.”
- …Buffett has evolved..into one of the most effective philanthropists I know.
- He doomed himself from ever holding public office: “A public-opinion poll is no substitute for thought.”
- “You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong.”
- An investing truism: “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”
- Classic line: “Only when the tide goes out do you discover who’s been swimming naked.”
- “Risk comes from not knowing what you’re doing.”
- Trash-bin diving caution No. 1: “It’s far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price.”
- He allows me to see the name Buffett without thinking of Jimmy.
The list is so much fun to read, I hope you’ll click on the link and enjoy!
Until next time!