Holidays are hard on all of us. Sure, getting the whole family together sounds fun in theory but the reality of making that happen, and keeping it running smoothly, is a huge undertaking. Here are a few simple tips to creating happy holiday memories.
1. “Here, I saved you a seat.” – From the awkward “plus one” to the over-bearing uncle, this simple phrase can make or break someone’s entire day!
2. “How can I help?” – Never offensive, always appreciated!
3. “Those hand towels in the bathroom are perfect.” – Your host has gone out of their way to make YOUR holiday perfect. Let them know you noticed the details.
4. “Let’s try it your way.” – World Peace….solved.
5. “I could really use your help folding the napkins.” – Give a kid something to do. They get to feel involved and it keeps them out of everyones hair.
6. “Tell me again about the time you….” – One day, you too , will be the old, wrinkly person in the corner watching your family whirl past you at 100 miles per hour.
Exerted from the Huff Post. For the original article, click here.