“100 Billion emails.” That is how many business emails will be sent and received in 2013. PER DAY.
The following tips are from Marketing Profs, a marketing site I subscribe to. Hopefully as you receive emails from your ads on our sites, these tips will help you garner a better response:
- Decision time? Don’t just present options, make a recommendation.
- I know you love what you do as much as Floridians love the Gators (or Noles–this is supposed to be a non-biased publication!). Does that passion come across? Match your email’s tone to your intent.
- Nothing beats a conversation. Know when NOT to send an email.
- There’s no “I” in team. Use “WE” instead of “I.”
- Break. IT. UP. Divide parallel points into a bulleted list.
- Correspondence has changed since mail arrived once a month. Use the first tow sentences to make your topic clear.
- Questions. Don’t just ask them. Anticipate them.
- Enemies of the state? The New York Yankees and negative subject lines…..Let’s take them both out of circulation ASAP. (NOTE: this article is excerpted from a Bostonian author).
- Know how to use it and don’t abuse it. cc:
- Last but not least–SPELLCHEK!!!
excerpted from Perrin McCormic of HB Agency. For more visit hbagency.com/wicket-smaht-emails
Thanks for reading! Let me know if this is helpful!