Based in Austria, this producer of fine crystal and luxury goods needs no introduction. Besides producing collectible Christmas ornaments, Swarovski releases a number of figurines each year. Their first ornament was a little mouse, but they now make anything from lady bugs to limited edition Disney collectibles.
- Galapagos Tortoise
- Snowflake ornaments
- Baby carriage
- Angel ornament
- Surfacing humpback whales
Teddy bears have been popular in America for the past 100 years and many people have large collections. The teddy bear is named after President Theodore “Teddy” Roosevelt who refused to shoot a bear in an unsportsmanlike way. The cute bear we know today was based on the resulting political cartoons. Some collectible teddy bear brands are:
- Robert Raikes
Sports memorabilia retain their popularity and there is a hot market for the following items:
- Superbowl collectibles
- Baseball memorabilia and autographs
- Basketball memorabilia and autographs
- World Series memorabilia
- Rare autographs
- All types of sports cards
Other popular collections are: Kinder Surprise eggs, Star Trek items, Barber poles, Barbie dolls, Zippo lighters, Coca Cola memorabilia and more. The list of items people collect is limited only to their imagination.
The Most Expensive Collectibles Ever Sold:
- Cheval Blanc 1947 wine – $304,375
- Valley of the Sky Meteorite – $93,000
- Action Comics Comic Book#1 – $1.5 million
- Custer’s Last Flag – $2.2million
- John Lennon’s Rolls Royce – $2.3 million
- Three Skilling Yellow Stamp – $2.3 million
- William Shakespeare autograph – $3 million
- Mark McGwire’s 70th Home Run ball- $3 million
- Birds of America book -$11 million
- 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO – $17.2 million
- Fancy intense pink diamond – $45.6 million
- Jackson Pollock’s No5 painting – $140 million
Collectors have weird names. Which of these are you ?
Archtophilist: a collector of teddy bears
Copoclephilist: a collector of key-rings
Deltiologist: a collector of postcards
Tegestologist: a collector of beer mats
Numismatist: a collector of coins
Plangonologist: a collector of dolls
Philatelist: a collector of stamps
Spermologer: a collector of trivia
Machirologist: a collector of knives
Rabdophilist: a collector of walking sticks
Free classifieds for Ocala, Florida.
GE Self Cleaning Oven~~~~80.00~~~~Calls Only Thanks, Call- Tim- 352-598-1436 Let me know if you need a 3 prong plug or a 4 prong plug.. […]
HAY FIELD FARM! 10.43 BEAUTIFUL ACRES WAITING FOR YOU. THIS BEAUTIFUL PARCEL CAN BE BOUGHT WITH AN ADDITIONAL 10 OR 20 ACRES OR JUST […]
CLEANS ALL YOUR FLOORS WITH STEAM ADD WATER AND SOAP STEAM AWAY DIRT. WORKS GREAT.
Tan bamboo with black metal or Dark Brown bamboo. 3 panels on each unit. $75 each.