Wednesday, April 21st is Administrative Professional’s Day, and since admin staff usually do all the reminding when it comes to important dates, meetings and events, let this serve as official notice!
A few tips for a successful, professional Administrative Professional’s Day celebration:
- Include all staff who perform admin functions. You don’t want anyone to be left out, so it’s better to include someone than not!
- Don’t use the title secretary! Admin staff have duties that far exceed a traditionally defined secretarial role. When recognizing admin staff, call staff by name and refer to them as the ‘support team’.
- When it comes to recognizing admin staff, a group lunch is fine…..but only admin staff and a senior manager or two should be invited. If the whole office goes, then it really isn’t about the admins any more.
- If you prefer to give a gift to the staff, keep amounts equal across the board as team members will talk. Gift certificates are great when they are for local restaurants, nail salons, boutiques or coffee shops.
- One of every one’s favorite gifts from a manager is time! If you are in the position to do so, your team members would appreciate going home an hour early, or coming in an hour later. The gift of time is one of the simplest and nicest offers you can give.
Show some love and appreciation for your administrative professionals on Wednesday….and while you are at it, why not show them a little more love all year long??
Wednesday, April 21st = Administrative Professional’s Day!