Ready hit the garage sale circuit? Check the local classifieds, grab a cup of coffee and head out for a morning of fun and bargains. Here’s how to make the most of your shopping adventure:
1. Know before you go. Check the classifieds for the most promising sales and make those your primary stops, catching any interesting additional sales along the way. (For example, check out our Lake City Garage Sales.)
2. Create your custom garage sale map. USA4SALE classified sites allow you to map individual listings and create your own map. Simply click the “Update Map” button at the bottom of any classified detail page where the advertiser has included an address. Then click “Add to My Maps.” The “View MY MAPS” link will now appear, giving you a custom map.
3. Go early for the best deals. Set the coffee to brew automatically and get out at the crack of dawn if you’re serious about deals or know exactly what you’re looking for. The best deals move quick because the pro’s go early.
4. Price preparation. For key items, know the market in advance. A good way to check used merchandise prices is to visit our classified sites. For instance, you can find prices for Gainesville tools or Lake City appliances by browsing the classifieds in advance.
5. Negotiate with Courtesy. By knowing your prices you’ll know a good deal when you see it. No need to apologize for a low offer at a garage sale, but there’s also no need to criticize or disrespect someone’s stuff. The best deals are when everyone gets what they want.